Mexican Food & Recipes
Green Chilaquiles with Salsa Del Primo December 03 2014, 0 Comments
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 cups Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 Bottle of Salsa Verde Del Primo
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Crema Fresca (or Sour Cream if not available)
- Heat oil in large sauté pan until shimmering.
- Add tortilla chips and sauté 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add Salsa Verde Del Primo and bring to a simmer.
- Divide chilaquiles among 4 plates.
- Top with cooked chicken and crumbled Cotija cheese
- Drizzle with Crema Fresca and serve.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Image source: Deli Prime Alimentos
Traditional Chicken in Mole Doña Maria November 18 2014, 0 Comments
Simple yet full of the rich chocolate/peanut mole flavor you love, DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce takes the hard work out of this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Serves 8
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in large, high-sided, oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper in small mixing bowl.
- Season chicken thighs with spice blend.
- Add chicken to pan, skin side down and brown until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken thighs over and add lime juice, scraping up any browned bits on bottom of the pan.
- Add DOÑA MARÍA® Original Mole Sauce and chicken broth and stir gently to dissolve sauce.
- Place pan in oven and bake uncovered 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer chicken to platter.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with Rice.
Roasted Whole Chicken in Adobo Recipe with Molli Oaxaca Marinade September 29 2014, 0 Comments
- 1 White onion, quartered
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 jar Mölli Oaxaca Marinade
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken, then dry very well inside and out with paper towels.
Salt and pepper the cavity, and stuff with onion and garlic. Truss. For instructions how to truss a chicken, click HERE
Salt the outside of the chicken and rub it with the Oaxaca marinade until it is all covered evenly. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and put it in the oven. Baste it two/three times during the whole roasting process. Roast until done, about an hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Carve and serve. Follow this LINK to learn how to carve a chicken.