Mexican Food & Recipes
Tajin-style BBQ Ribs November 12 2014, 0 Comments
This is a great recipe from our friends at Tajin - a great snack to watch the game or hang out with friends.
- 1 rack of ribs approx. 2 lbs. (Pork or beef)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup TAJÍN Chamoy Sauce®
- 1 cup TAJÍN Clásico Mild Snack Sauce®
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves: 4 - Prep time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Combine honey and TAJÍN® sauces in a greased baking dish place the rack of ribs and add salt, pepper and sauces.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 ° F - 400 ° F.
- Serve in the center of the table to share with family or friends. Great with mashed potatoes or coleslaw.
DOÑA MARÍA Mole Pork Ribs September 14 2014, 0 Comments
- 4 pounds fresh pork ribs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 1 whole dried Pasilla chile pepper with stem, veins and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (8.25- ounce) jar DOÑA MARIA® Original Mole Sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped dark chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pork fat (saved from pork ribs after frying)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Serves : 4-6
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper and place meat side down in a large, high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Cool ribs over medium heat to render fat, then continue cooking until golden. Turn ribs, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of pork fat from ribs into a separate saucepan and place over medium heat. Add sesame seeds, onion, Pasilla chile, peanuts, allspice and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onions and chiles are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- In a blender, combine cooled sauté mixture with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Add DOÑA MARIA® Original Mole Sauce, chocolate, chicken broth and remaining water and blend until combined. Strain sauce through a fine sieve and discard solids.
- Place pan on stove over medium heat and add prepared mole sauce. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer until ribs are cooked through and tender and sauce has thickened.