Mexican Food & Recipes
Tajin-style BBQ Ribs November 12 2014, 0 Comments
This is a great recipe from our friends at Tajin - a great snack to watch the game or hang out with friends.
- 1 rack of ribs approx. 2 lbs. (Pork or beef)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup TAJÍN Chamoy Sauce®
- 1 cup TAJÍN Clásico Mild Snack Sauce®
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serves: 4 - Prep time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Combine honey and TAJÍN® sauces in a greased baking dish place the rack of ribs and add salt, pepper and sauces.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 ° F - 400 ° F.
- Serve in the center of the table to share with family or friends. Great with mashed potatoes or coleslaw.
Fish with Tropical Salsa September 18 2014, 0 Comments
- 4 filets of white fish, or other of your preference
- TAJIN CLASICO
- 1 mango cut in small cubes
- 1/4 pineapple cut in small cubes
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated coconut
Sprinkle the fish filets with TAJIN CLASICO and pan fry. Drain on a paper towel to eliminate excess grease. Combine the mango, pineapple, onion, cilantro and coconut and season with TAJIN CLASICO. Use to garnish the fish filets. TIP: You can substitute shrimp for the fish filets.
(Photo and Recipe Source: www.tajin.com)
Mangonadas Cali-Mex Style May 20 2014, 0 Comments
(Photo by Lodi News-Sentinel)
Just recently I bumped into this article about Paletalandia, a place in Lodi, CA where you can get all sorts of Mexican-style snacks from the traditional raspados, to the not-so-traditional Mangonada - a mix of Mango, Mango sorbet and spicy Mexican candy (Chamoy and Tamarind). A lover of mango myself, I thought the combination was heavenly, so I wanted to share with you all.
From the article: "Mangonada is a dessert that mixes spicy and sweet. Chunks of mango are mixed with mango sorbet and covered in spicy chamoy sauce. One popular feature is the straw, which is covered in tamarindo candy."
In order to do this you will need:
- 1 Mango chopped in little squares.
- 1 Cup of Mango sorbet
- Tajin Chamoy sauce
- 1 Tirolo tamarind straw
- You can add a little Tajin Clasico seasoning if you want/can take additional spicy
You can read the full article here: http://www.lodinews.com/dining/article_764188f6-da72-11e3-8c80-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=story