The guajillo chile’s thin, deep-red flesh delivers a delicious green tea flavor, fruity overtones and mild heat to fresh shrimp in this easy-to-prepare dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Red Guajillo Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add yellow onions and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add HERDEZ® Red Guajillo Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce.
- Bring to simmer and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in crema and cilantro.