A wonderful holiday recipe just in time for Las Posadas, this savory casserole is fruity with a slight heat and is the perfect comfort food for when you’re craving something satisfying.
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, divided
- 7 pounds turkey breast, skin and bone on, split in half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 cups peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 5 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped sweet onion
- 12 ounces French green beans or haricot vert
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped in cubes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
For Mole Sauce:
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) disk Mexican Chocolate, grated
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Red Guajillo Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In large casserole dish, combine apple cider, vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Place split turkey breast in dish, meat side down. Cover with plastic, refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place all vegetables in large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, butter, salt, pepper and red pepper. Using a large spoon, toss to combine, making sure all vegetables are coated with oil and seasonings. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and place half of vegetables on each sheet.
- Remove turkey from casserole dish, pat dry with paper towels and discard marinade. Rub butter all over turkey then season with 1 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Place one turkey breast in center of vegetables on baking sheet and other turkey breast on other baking sheet with vegetables. Drizzle top of each turkey breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover with foil, roast 30 minutes. Uncover, roast 30 minutes longer. Place cooked turkey breasts on cutting board, cover with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes before carving.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock, grated chocolate, toasted almonds and cranberries to blender and blend on high 3 minutes or until smooth consistency. Add olive oil to stock pot over medium heat and pour blended mixture into heated pot. Add HERDEZ® Red Guajillo Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce and remaining chicken stock while whisking with other hand. Season sauce with salt and pepper and continue to mix until all combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt to taste and remove from heat.
- To serve, place roasted vegetables on half of serving platter and carved turkey on other half. Ladle mole sauce over turkey and pour remaining mole sauce into gravy boat. Serve and enjoy!