Pork Ribs in Herdez Tomatillo Verde Cooking Sauce February 11 2015, 0 Comments
- 1 (12-ounce) jar HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1.5 cups water
- 1.5 pounds boneless pork ribs, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano chile, julienned
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- In a blender or food processor, purée HERDEZ® Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce, garlic, chicken bouillon and ¼ cup water.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and place in medium saucepan with remaining water.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 10 minutes or until water evaporates.
- Add oil and brown meat evenly.
- Add onion, jalapeño and poblano pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in sauce.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.