Mexican Food & Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa Recipe with Molli February 05 2015, 0 Comments
- 2 lbs beef top sirloin steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 jar Mölli Acapulco Marinade
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Serves: 6 / Ready in: 6 hrs 20 mins
- Sprinkle beef with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet; saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another minute. Place onion and bell pepper in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, brown beef on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Top onions and bell pepper with beef. Combine the broth and Acapulco marinade; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm.
- Serve beef barbacoa with a side of tortillas, rice, beans, guacamole and lime quartered.