Mexican Food & Recipes
Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa Recipe with Molli February 05 2015, 0 Comments
- 2 lbs beef top sirloin steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 jar Mölli Acapulco Marinade
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Serves: 6 / Ready in: 6 hrs 20 mins
- Sprinkle beef with salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet; saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another minute. Place onion and bell pepper in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, brown beef on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Top onions and bell pepper with beef. Combine the broth and Acapulco marinade; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm.
- Serve beef barbacoa with a side of tortillas, rice, beans, guacamole and lime quartered.
Veracruz-Style Fish Recipe with Molli January 21 2015, 0 Comments
- 1 jar Mölli Veracruz Cooking Sauce
- 4 4-oz Firm-fleshed fish fillets
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Serves 4
- Rinse fish fillets, pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add the fillets and brown on both sides (1-2 minutes). Pour sauce over fish.
- Cover skillet and cook for 10 minutes or until fish is fully cooked.
- Serve with rice on the side.
Roasted Whole Chicken in Adobo Recipe with Molli Oaxaca Marinade September 29 2014, 0 Comments
- 1 White onion, quartered
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 jar Mölli Oaxaca Marinade
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse the chicken, then dry very well inside and out with paper towels.
Salt and pepper the cavity, and stuff with onion and garlic. Truss. For instructions how to truss a chicken, click HERE
Salt the outside of the chicken and rub it with the Oaxaca marinade until it is all covered evenly. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and put it in the oven. Baste it two/three times during the whole roasting process. Roast until done, about an hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Carve and serve. Follow this LINK to learn how to carve a chicken.
Enchiladas Suizas with Molli's Mexico City Sauce May 25 2014, 0 Comments
Photo by Molli Sauces
- 1 Whole chicken breast; bone-in
- 1 quart Water
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Celery rib
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 cup Chicken broth (reserved from cooking the chicken b
- 1 cup Mölli Mexico City Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Queso quesadilla or mozzarella; shredded
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- Original recipe makes 4 Servings
In a medium pot, place water, chicken, garlic, onion and celery and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken if fully cooked. Remove chicken and shred in a bowl. Reserve one cup of broth.
In a blender, add the Mexico City sauce, sour cream and chicken broth; season to taste, and puree until smooth.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry tortillas in oil until pliable, about 15 seconds on each side. Transfer tortillas to a plate covered with paper towels, drain.
Toss chicken with ½ cup of the sauce until evenly coated. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas and roll tightly around chicken. Place two rolled tortillas on each plate and cover generously with the remaining sauce. Top with shredded cheese and serve immediately.